Project Learning Tree: Connecting Elementary Science to Urban Ecosystems
February 23 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join Pacific Education Institute FieldSTEM Coordinator, Jessica Lawrence and Bellevue Botanical Garden Society Education Program Manager, Kate Sorensen at the stunning Bellevue Botanical Garden!
This workshop is designed to help formal and non-formal educators engage elementary students in real-world science, technology, engineering, and math by utilizing activities in Project Learning Tree’s PreK-8 Environmental Activity Guide. If you’re looking for ways to develop students’ critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills this workshop will meet your needs.
- Learn how to utilize outdoor spaces in urban and suburban environments
- Participate in hands-on Project Learning Tree activities in the Bellevue Botanical Gardens
- Have an opportunity to connect with Bellevue Botanical Garden staff
Educators will receive:
- Lesson plans that can be easily incorporated into existing curriculum or non-formal education programs
- Project Learning Tree’s PreK-8 Environmental Activity Guide
- 6 Washington State Approved STEM Clock Hours
COST: $50 per person