- This event has passed.
Project Learning Tree: Outdoor STEM Learning for Schoolyard or Home for Grades K-5
November 7, 2020 at 1:30 pm - 4:30 pmWORKSHOP FULL
Join educators Kate Sorensen and Pauline O’Rourke from the Bellevue Botanical Garden Society in an online workshop for K-5 educators. The workshop is designed to increase educators’ knowledge, skills and tools to create impactful science learning opportunities for students in their schoolyard or at home using the Project Learning Tree: PK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide. The workshop will be a blended experience including an online Zoom element and self-paced learning. In order to receive the 5 STEM clock hours, you will need to participate in the Zoom session and do the pre-workshop guide overview activity (est. time: 2 hours).
- Receive hands-on experience with Project Learning Trees activities and lessons
- Identify activities that align with their grade-level learning standards
- Explore strategies to successfully use outdoor spaces on the schoolyard or at home for locally-relevant learning
Participants will receive:
- Project Learning Tree: Pre K-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide (available before the workshop)
- 5 Washington State approved STEM clock hours
This is a Zoom Workshop and you will receive a link to the workshop after you register.
$40 per person (includes PLT Guidebook).