FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our most commonly asked questions are listed below. Please contact us if your question or concern is not addressed below.
Accessible parking spots are available in the Garden parking lot. Accessible restrooms are located in the Visitor Center and in the Shorts House. The majority of pathways in the main Garden are covered with 3/8 minus gravel, which packs down and is considered an ADA-compliant material. Some of the trails within the Garden are sloped. Please see our Trail & Accessibility Guide for more information.
There are no wheelchair rentals at the Garden. For your convenience, we list the following where you can rent a wheelchair:
- Bellevue Healthcare 425-451-2842
- Allcare 425-455-8330
- Wheels For Feet 425-256-2882
- Wheelchair Haven (Tacoma) 253-926-8971
If you will be bringing senior citizens or people with limited mobility, please note the following suggestions:
- The ratio of caregiver to your guests should be about 1:5. Please stay with them to ensure their safety
- All visitors should dress for the weather; non-skid shoes are recommended.
- Please allow at least 45 minutes for guests to stroll the garden and soak up the beauty!
- Download a copy of our Trail & Accessibility Guide before visiting the Garden. This guide is also available at the Visitor Center.
There is no bus parking at the Garden. Please contact us for information about alternatives for nearby bus parking.
From I-405, take the NE 8th Street exit and head east. Turn right on 120th Avenue. Go south approximately 1/2 mile to the stoplight at Main St. Turn left onto Main St. The Garden entrance is about three blocks up Main Street on the right.
The Bellevue Botanical Garden is a special place within the Bellevue parks system. To ensure an enjoyable visit for everyone, and to make the Garden a safe place for people, plants, and wildlife, remember these rules:
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted anywhere in the Garden. Service animals only.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, and skateboards are not allowed in the Garden. Please leave them at home, or enjoy them in nearby Wilburton Hill Park.
- Please stay on paths and lawns.
- Do not disturb plant labels. Use our plant database for plant information.
- Please leave all flowers, plants, fruits, and leaves for the enjoyment of all our visitors
- Families and children are welcome in the Garden. However, this is not a typical park and there is no area for children to play. The main area of the Garden consists of carefully cultivated beds of fragile plants. Please supervise children at all times and ensure that they stay on pathways and lawns at all times and do not enter plant beds or climb on rocks. A children’s play area is available at nearby Wilburton Hill Park.
Hours & Admission
The Garden is open daily, including holidays, from dawn to dusk. Visitor Center is open daily 9am to 4pm. There is no fee to visit the Garden.
If you are not scheduling a docent tour and you have a large group arriving in a large van or bus, it is very important that you call or email us first and ask for large vehicle parking directions, which will be mailed to you or provided by email for your bus driver.
Lost & Found
Free parking is available in the Garden parking lot, immediately adjacent to the Visitor Center and the Garden. When parking in the Garden lot, please lock your vehicle and take all valuables with you. There is no bus parking onsite. Overflow parking is available at Wilburton Hill Park. Drive east past the Garden entrance to the bend in the road and turn right into that lot.
Service animals only are allowed in the Garden. Dogs and other pets are not permitted anywhere in the Garden. Leashed pets are welcome in the nearby Wilburton Hill Park.
Please enjoy your picnic in designated picnic areas. There are picnic tables by the main entry, and tables on the Shorts House Patio available on a first-come, first-served basis.
We do not permit picnicking on the lawns.
Wilburton Hill Park, just a 5 minute walk east of the Garden along the Lake to Lake Trail, has numerous picnic facilities for your convenience.
Refreshments – Coffee Cart at the Shorts House
Copper Kettle Coffee Bar provides coffee, tea, baked goods and light lunches in the Shorts House. Hours vary by season.
Restrooms are located near the Trillium Store, and also in the Shorts House.
The Trillium Store offers garden-themed gifts, perfect to remember your visit to the Garden. Hours vary by season.
We are not able to accommodate weddings or other private parties at this time. We can accommodate wedding photography, however. Contact the Garden Office at 425-452-2750 if you are interested in wedding photography, or see our Photography Page.