Garden d’Lights features over half a million sparkling lights formed in the whimsical shapes of plants, birds, animals, and cascading waterfalls set amid the natural beauty of the Bellevue Botanical Garden. Look for many of your old favorites, and some new surprises too!
Saturday, November 27 – Friday, December 31, 2021 (including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve)
4:30 – 9:00 p.m. every night
Lights go out at 9:30 p.m.
Bellevue Botanical Garden, 12001 Main Street, Bellevue, 98005
$5.00 per person, 11 years and over; children 10 and under are free.
- Tickets must be purchased online and are date and time specific. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
- Tickets are required for everyone, including children, so please plan accordingly before purchasing your tickets.
- Tickets are not refundable or exchangeable unless the event is canceled.
- You can print your ticket and bring it with you, or you can show your ticket barcode on your smartphone.
- Please do not arrive before your scheduled time. Make sure to allow enough time to park and walk to the event entrance.
- We will be open, even if it rains. In the event of severe weather or power outage, the event may be canceled. If the event is canceled, a notice will be posted on our website, and on our Facebook page.
- The display is outdoors on a well-lit pathway. You can plan on walking 3/4 mile including the walk from your car. Your time will vary depending on how long you pause to enjoy the display. The average time it takes to see the lights is 30-45 minutes.
- If the event becomes too crowded, we may temporarily close the entry gate to allow the crowd to dissipate.
- Face coverings are required for everyone 5 years and older in all indoor spaces, including restrooms. When outdoors and unable to stay 6 feet away from people outside your household, we strongly recommend face coverings for everyone 5 years and over.
- Premium parking in the Garden’s lot is available for $5/car, as space allows. Parking is free in this lot for individuals with a disability parking permit.
- Free parking is available at Wilburton Hill Park, located approximately 1/4 mile east of the Garden on the south side of Main Street. It’s a short walk up Main Street to the Garden entrance.
- Event parking is not permitted along Main Street or in the lot immediately north of the Garden.
- Limited mobility drop-off is available in the load zone at the Garden entrance.
- Rideshare vehicles, shuttles and buses may drop off and pick up passengers in the load zone at the Garden entrance. BUS OR SHUTTLE PARKING is not permitted at the Garden. Buses and shuttles can park at Wilburton Hill Park.
- To travel to the Garden by King County Metro bus, from the Bellevue Transit Center, take bus #271 and get off at the 116th Ave SE & SE 1st St stop. This is the closest bus stop to the Garden, and is a 1/2 mile walk from the bus stop to the Garden, and is uphill for the first 1/4 mile. Please consult the King County Metro Trip Planner for exact routes and times.
Critter Maps will not be available at the event. You can download and print a Critter Map for your own use. Critter Maps will be available on this page in late November.
Accessible restrooms are located near the Trillium Store. Visitors are welcome to use the restroom consistent with their gender identity or expression.
The Trillium Store is open every evening from 4:30-9pm during Garden d’Lights.
Hot drinks and snacks will be available for purchase on site. There are no restaurants at the Garden or within easy walking distance of the Garden.
LOST & FOUND
If you have found an item, please bring it to the Trillium Store. For lost items, please leave a voice mail message at the Garden office at 425-452-2750 or email us. Please include your name and contact information, a description of the lost item, and a photo if possible.
Garden Society members will receive a free pass for one with an individual membership, or a free pass for four with a family membership. We mail admission passes to current members in November. Bring them with you for admittance to the show on the day and time of your choice.
Dogs and other pets are not allowed at Garden d’Lights or anywhere in the Garden. Service animals only are permitted.
We are often asked if we provide military, senior, student, or group discounts. Garden d’Lights is produced by the Bellevue Botanical Garden Society, a non-profit organization, and we use proceeds from this event to support our educational programs, and to make improvements to the Bellevue Botanical Garden. For this reason, we do not offer discounts for this event.