Garden d’Lights 2022
Saturday, November 26 – Saturday, December 31, 2022 (including Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. The event is CLOSED on Christmas Day)
4:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. every night
Lights go out at 9:30 p.m.
Bellevue Botanical Garden 12001 Main Street, Bellevue, 98005
$8.00 per person, 11 years and over; children 10 and under are free.
- Tickets must be purchased online and are date and time specific. Tickets are not sold at the event. Tickets are required for everyone, including children, so please plan accordingly before purchasing your tickets.
- You will receive your tickets by email. If you do not see your tickets in your email inbox, check junk mail. If you still cannot find your tickets, email us and include your order # if possible, or the last name on the order (NOTE: our answering service cannot help with tickets that were not received).
- You may print your tickets or display the barcode on your phone.
- Tickets are timed, so do not arrive before your scheduled time. You may enter at any time within your one-hour entry window.
- Tickets are not refundable unless the event is canceled.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged for another date or time, so choose your date and time carefully.
The display is outdoors on a well-lit pathway. You can plan on walking about 1 mile, including the walk from your car. Your time will vary depending on how long you pause to enjoy this one-of-a-kind display. The average time it takes to see the lights is 30-45 minutes.
Premium parking in the Garden’s lot is available for $5/car, as space allows. We accept cash and credit/debit cards. Parking is not included in the ticket price. It is a separate charge. Parking is free in this lot for individuals with a state-issued disability parking permit. Show your permit to the parking attendant.
Free parking is available at Wilburton Hill Park, located approximately 1/4 mile east of the Garden on the south side of Main Street. It’s a short walk up Main Street to the Garden entrance.
Limited mobility drop-off is available in the load zone at the Garden entrance.
**Event parking is not permitted along Main Street or in the lot immediately north of the Garden.
RIDESHARE, SHUTTLES, LARGE VANS & BUSES
Rideshare vehicles, shuttles, large vans, and buses may drop off and pick up passengers in the loading zone at the Garden at 12001 Main Street. OUR PARKING LOT CANNOT ACCOMMODATE BUSES, SHUTTLES OR LARGE VANS. These large vehicles must park at Wilburton Hill Park. Follow directions above.
To travel to the Garden by King County Metro bus, from the Bellevue Transit Center, take bus #271 and get off at the 116th Ave SE & SE 1st St stop. This is the closest bus stop to the Garden, and is a 1/2 mile walk from the bus stop to the Garden, and is uphill for the first 1/4 mile. Please consult the King County Metro Trip Planner for exact routes and times.
Other Frequently Asked Questions (alphabetical by topic)
- Disabled parking spots are available in our lot for vehicles displaying a state-issued disabled parking permit. There is no charge to park in these spots. Show your permit to the parking attendant.
- Wheelchairs are not available at the event.
- Accessible restrooms are located near the Trillium Store.
- Pathways around the main buildings are paved. Many lights can be seen from these paved pathways. Although the ramp from the Garden entrance to the Shorts House is paved, during Garden d’Lights this ramp is one-way going down only so it is not accessible from the entrance.
- The majority of pathways are gravel. The gravel is 3/8 minus, which packs down and is an ADA-compliant material. However, gravel pathways can be challenging for people using wheelchairs and walkers.
- The entire route is approximately 3/4 of a mile. Those with limited mobility should allow at least 45 minutes to tour Garden d’Lights.
Critter Maps will not be provided at the event. You can download and print a Critter Map for your own use. DOWNLOAD THIS YEAR’S CRITTER MAP HERE.
Garden d’Lights is produced by the Bellevue Botanical Garden Society, a non-profit organization, and we use proceeds from this event to support our educational programs, and to make improvements to the Bellevue Botanical Garden. For this reason, we do not offer discounts for this event.
The Trillium Store is open every evening from 4:30-9:00pm during Garden d’Lights.
We do not offer group tickets or group discounts. If you are attending the event with a group, you must buy a ticket for each person for the date and time your group will visit.
Lost and Found
If you have found an item, please bring it to the Trillium Store. For lost items, check at the Trillium Store to see if your item has been turned in. If not, leave a voice mail message at the Garden office at 425-452-2750 or email us. Please include your name and contact information, a description of the lost item, and a photo if possible.
Garden Society members will receive a free pass for one with an individual membership, or a free pass for four with a dual/family and above membership. We mail admission passes to current members in November. Bring them with you for admittance to the show on the day and time of your choice. Reservations are not required.
Live music provided by local groups will be featured at the event. DOWNLOAD THE 2022 MUSIC SCHEDULE.
Dogs and other pets are not allowed at Garden d’Lights or anywhere in the Garden. Service animals only are permitted.
Hot drinks and snacks will be available for purchase on site. There are no restaurants at the Garden or within easy walking distance of the Garden.
We do not rent out our space to outside groups during Garden d’Lights. All available rental space is used for the event.
Accessible restrooms are located near the Trillium Store. Visitors are welcome to use the restroom consistent with their gender identity or expression.
Thanks to our
Garden d’Lights sponsors
Did You Know?
Garden d’Lights is made possible by our many dedicated volunteers who create and install the lights over an 11-month period, using colored light strings, zip ties, and rebar. Many more volunteers help during the event. Total volunteer time is over 6,400
hours every year.