24th Annual Garden d’Lights
at the Bellevue Botanical Garden
November 24 – December 30, 2018
4:30-9:00 pm nightly
Garden d’Lights features over half a million sparkling lights formed into the whimsical shapes of plants, flowers, birds, animals, and cascading waterfalls set amid the natural beauty of the Bellevue Botanical Garden.
Tickets can be purchased online and also at the door. We accept cash and major credit/debit cards. We recommend buying your ticket online, as ticket lines can be long. Tickets are $5 per person; children 10 and under are free and do not need a ticket. Tickets can be used on any night.
EVENT FREE NIGHTS: There are no remaining free nights in 2018.
The event is free for all on Free Nights and tickets are not required. Usually all can be accommodated on free nights, but event staff will be present to control the flow of entrants so everyone can have an enjoyable experience. There could be a wait.
Premium parking in the Garden’s lot is available for $5/car, cash only, as space allows. Parking is free in this lot for individuals with a disability parking permit. Free parking is available at Wilburton Hill Park, located east of the Garden on the south side of Main Street. **Please note: Event parking is not permitted across Main Street. For more information, please see the Directions & Parking page.
Come inside, have a seat and warm up! Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and snacks will be available for purchase in the Aaron Education Center.
GINGERBREAD VILLAGE BY WILBURTON COMMUNITY
Come to the Aaron Education Center to see the amazing Gingerbread Village, created especially for Garden d’Lights by our Wilburton neighbors. There is no additional charge for Gingerbread Village.
Sorry, dogs and other pets are not allowed at Garden d’Lights or anywhere in the Garden. Service animals only are permitted.
- There are disabled parking spots available in our lot for vehicles displaying a state-issued disabled parking permit. There is no charge to park in these spots.
- We do not have wheelchairs available at the event.
- Accessible restrooms are located near the Trillium Store.
- The pathways around the buildings are all paved and some lights can be seen from there.
- Nearly all of the pathways through the bulk of the lights are gravel, and many of the pathways have a slight slope to them. The gravel is 3/8 minus, which packs down and is considered an ADA-compliant material.
- The patio at the Shorts House is paved, and many lights can be seen from there. It is about a 1/8 mile walk to the Shorts House.
- The entire route is approximately 3/4 of a mile.
We will offer musical entertainment most nights of Garden d’Lights. Entry to musical performances is included with your Garden d’Lights ticket.
The following are the remaining performances for 2018:
December 11, 6:30pm – Sammamish Symphony Quartet, Education Center
December 12, 6pm – Rainy Day Brass Quintet, Education Center
December 13, 5:30pm – Hana Hou Ukulele Band, Education Center
December 14, 6:30pm – Tri-M Small Ensembles (strings & woodwinds) , Education Center
December 15, 6pm – Sammamish Youth Chamber Orchestra, Education Center
December 16, 6pm – Music Matters Youth String Ensemble, Education Center
December 18, 7pm – Spring Hill String Ensemble, Education Center
December 19, 6pm – KnightSounds Vocal Jazz Ensemble, Gathering Place
December 20, 6pm – Bellevue Uke-sters Ukulele Band, Gathering Place
December 21, 6:15pm – Joe Fina Four (saxophone quartet), Education Center
December 22, 6pm – Tri-M Small Ensembles (strings & woodwinds), Education Center
December 23, 6pm – We Three Strings (string trio), Education Center
December 28, 6:30pm – Wilde Thyme (guitars & fiddles), Education Center
December 29, 6:30pm – Bickergrass (instruments and vocals), Education Center
End times of performances vary by group, but each performance will last between 30 and 60 minutes.
You can download the complete musical performance schedule here.
IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE
- Please email us if you have questions not answered on the website
- Recorded Event Information: 425-452-6844.
- Customers needing live assistance with buying online tickets can call our 24-hour answering service at 888-959-6841. Please note that this line is not for event questions or comments. If you have questions or comments about the event, please email us or call the Garden at 425-452-2750.
Garden d’Lights is produced by Bellevue Botanical Garden Society in partnership with Bellevue Parks & Community Services.