The Bellevue Botanical Garden is a special place and we thank you for observing the following guidelines to ensure that we protect and maintain the Garden for our many visitors to enjoy.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted anywhere in the Garden. Service animals only are allowed. Leashed pets are welcome in nearby Wilburton Hill Park and on the Lake-to-Lake Trail.
- Please leave all flowers, plants, fruits, seeds, and leaves for everyone to enjoy.
- Please stay on paths and lawns. Do not walk in plant beds or climb on rocks.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, and skateboards are not allowed in the Garden. Please leave them at home, or enjoy them in nearby Wilburton Hill Park.
- Do not disturb plant labels. You may find plant information in our plant database.
- Please enjoy your picnic in designated picnic areas only. There are two picnic tables by the main entry, and tables on the Shorts House patio available on a first-come, first-served basis. We do not permit picnicking on the lawns. Additional picnic facilities are available at Wilburton Hill Park, one quarter mile east of the Garden. If you wish to learn more about reserving a picnic spot, please email Bellevue Parks & Community Services with the park name, site, time frame and date(s) interested. You may also call (425) 452-6914.
- Families and children are welcome in the Garden. However, this is not a typical park and there is no area for children to play. The main area of the Garden consists of carefully cultivated beds of fragile plants. Please supervise children at all times and ensure that they stay on pathways and lawns at all times and do not enter plant beds or climb on rocks. A children’s play area is available at nearby Wilburton Hill Park.
- Professional photography shoots on Garden grounds require a permit. Please contact the Garden Office at 425-452-2750 or by email, or see our Photography Page.
- If you plan to bring a large group (more than ten) on a self-guided tour of the Garden, please notify us in advance by email or by calling (425) 452-2750. Please ensure that your group follows these Garden guidelines.