Photography Guidelines & Permits
Professional Photography Guidelines
Individuals or small groups may use the Garden for professional photography as long as the guidelines below are followed. We provide these guidelines so your group has a positive photography session, while ensuring a pleasant experience for our many visitors.
- Keep pathways clear
- Stay out of planting beds
- Do not place tripods in plant beds or on pathways
- You are welcome to walk on the lawns
- Do not disturb or remove plants, plant parts, plant labels, markers, or containers
- Do not climb on the rocks or in the trees
- Please be courteous of other visitors’ expectations for a peaceful visit to the Garden
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted in the Garden; service animals only are allowed.
- We do not have changing rooms or facilities for indoor photography
- While we do not allow weddings at the Garden, we do allow wedding photography
We are currently issuing commercial still or filming permits on a limited basis. Email staff with your request or call 425-452-2750 .
Commercial photography includes, but is not limited to, photography within the Bellevue Botanical Garden to promote or sell a product or service, photos or films for sale, and photography used for business purposes. Pre-scheduling is essential and a permit is required. Permit approval will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Please review our Commercial Film & Photo Use Guide and, if you wish to proceed, complete the Park Reservation Request Form: PDF FILLABLE WORD FORM
COMMERCIAL USE FEES
Bellevue Botanical Garden does not offer electricity/water access, maintenance staff, vehicle access to the grounds, or parking lot rental/reservations.
Fees are the minimum on a sliding scale based on the type of production:
- Still Photography/Training films/Industrial films, etc. – $105 per day/$53 per half day
- Broadcast, Film, TV, Commercial, etc. – $310 per day/$155 per half day