Spring Scout Day
April 5, 2020
Come and work on scout badges and achievement requirements at the Botanical Garden! This workshop is for Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts K-3rd grade. Scouts will visit stations and go on a nature walk. Some of the topics include: composting with worms, insects, Leave No Trace, planting seeds, and pollination. Scouts will receive a garden fun patch and a list of completed activities. 2nd and 3rd grade scouts should arrive at 12:00 pm and K and 1st grade scouts should arrive at 12:30 pm, to make the check-in process smoother. If you have a mix of ages, anytime between 12 and 12:45 is fine. You can leave any time you are done.
Cost: $12 per scout. Adult chaperones are free. Please register individually and not as a troop.
- Daisies: Outdoor Art Maker Badge and parts of the Flower Garden Journey.
- Brownies: Bug badge, Outdoor Art Creator Badge, and most of Hiker badge.
- Lions: Mountain Lion and Ready, Set, Grow
- Tigers: My Tiger Jungle and Tigers in the Wild
- Wolves: Grow Something, Call of the Wild, and parts of Paws on the Path.
- Bears: Fur, Feathers, & Ferns
Private Scout Workshops
Private Scout workshops are currently being offered on a limited basis as we continue to develop this program. Please email Kate Sorensen to organize a private badge workshop at the Garden for your den or troop.