By Marcy Reynolds
As we approach the summer solstice, daylight is shining longer each day, giving us lots of chances to play in the sun. One activity I enjoy on a sunny afternoon is making a shadow picture outside. All you need is pencil or pen and a piece of paper.
- Take a walk at the Garden or in your neighborhood
- Find a shadow you like.
- Put a piece of paper on the sidewalk
- Draw a line along the outline of the shadow
- Observe the plant and color in the shadow picture you drew
- Share your art with us! Email us.
Sweet! Simply yet a fun reminder for folks with kids.