How to Use Tap or Scan Markers in the Garden
You will need a smart phone or other mobile device with NFC (Android devices) or QR technology (Apple devices).
- Android devices: Go to settings/connections and turn on NFC.
- Apple devices: Use the native camera on your device.
Either method will access planting bed details, including bloom time, flower or foliage color, and other plant attributes. “Garden Insights” highlight special points of interest in the Garden.
Once at the Garden, look for Tap or Scan markers (pictured here), located throughout the Garden.
Simply tap your phone or mobile device against the sign.
- Make sure your device has the latest iOS update and you have a mobile signal or are connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open up the native camera app on your device.
- Hold the device’s camera up to the QR code.
- No need to hit the shutter button; your iOS device will automatically recognize the QR code and provide you with an on-screen notification.
- Tap the notification to be taken to the QR code destination.